this is a blog that seeks to discuss issues relative to the building of a mature Messianic Judaism
that is firmly grounded in Jewish space
that honors Torah, respects Jewish tradition and glorifies Yeshua, our righteous Messiah
and in so doing magnify and sanctify the name of the God of Israel, who is “the one in whom we live and move and have our very being” (Acts 17:28).
Contents © 2004-2016, Sean Emslie.
sean emslie (yochanan)
• I have been involved in the Messianic Jewish movement since 1989. I have served in shammash and servant leadership roles in several congregations, including congregational treasurer, congregational representative at national conference, shabbat school teacher, men’s group teacher and morning minyan leader.
• I am a member of Ahavat Zion Synagogue in Beverly Hills, CA, under the leadership of Rabbi Joshua Brumbach.
• Master of Arts in Jewish Studies at Spertus Institute of Jewish Learning and Leadership (Expected 2018)
• Master of Arts in Christian Studies – Emphasis in Pastoral Ministry at Grand Canyon University.
• Master of Science in Education Media Design and Technology at Full Sail University.
• Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies and Jewish Studies Certificate at California State University Northridge.
• I have also taken classes at Messianic Jewish Theological Institute, University of Judaism, Liberty University and The King’s Institute.
Student Member, Society of Biblical Literature
Professional Member, Association for Jewish Studies
Member, Western Jewish Studies Association
Member, Midwestern Jewish Studies Association
Student Member, Evangelical Theological Society
Attendee 2005-Present, Hashivenu Forum
Attendee/Presenter – Young Messianic Jewish Scholars Conference
Member, Screen Actors Guild – AFTRA